Using Uninstall Tracking to Reduce Churn
Don't lose your customers without knowing why
Sign up to drive your business with the power of data
It’s difficult to assess achievement without taking into account the inevitable setbacks. While you hope that 100% of your consumers would stay with you, this is just impractical. Customer churn is a result of this.
It might be difficult to find consumers who will download and install your software. It’s considerably more difficult to persuade them of its worth and have them utilize it regularly. App uninstall rates were 70% higher in 2020 compared to 2019. In the first 30 days, 3 out of 10 apps are removed.
Uninstalls are clearly a major issue for most applications. Retaining users is costly, and acquiring new ones is much more so. It’s no surprise that uninstall tracking is a crucial measure for businesses.
Why do users remove an app the first time they use it? There are several options available. It might be a storage issue, or users may download the app for a specific purpose and subsequently uninstall it. Failure to satisfy the customer’s requirements is the most likely situation. Users are immediately disconnected from the experience due to a lack of onboarding and engagement, and fitting the user’s expectations.
This information is crucial for every App business. Why & When are the two most valuable questions that need to be answered.
What can one do to stop users from uninstalling Apps & achieve retention goals
- It’s critical to generate a solid first impression and provide an excellent user onboarding experience. They are less inclined to uninstall if the experience is good.
- Deliver your message to each user at the most appropriate time. You’ve generated the finest content and the most intelligent segments, but when should you distribute the message to your users? At night? First thing in the morning? In the middle of a meeting?
- Gamification of your app will provide your app users with a unique experience, and the possible benefits of freebies or discounts will encourage them to return to your app again and again.
- Improve your app’s UX using NPS and surveys in-app. Your hidden weapon is feedback. It might reveal which items or features are your strengths and which are perceived as shortcomings by your consumers. The voice of your consumers should shape the vision and future of your product.
- Detect the possibility of uninstalling before it’s too late. Your users may be automatically segmented using an AI-based segmentation tool, such as VIPs or users that are about to uninstall the app. App marketers may use these useful and actionable sets of information to convince the user to stay with the app by offering incentives to stay.
Why Do Companies Need to Keep Track of App Uninstall
- Collect product feedback. Being a product manager for a mobile app, regardless of business, is nothing short of a monumental undertaking. Product managers are continuously working to enhance the usability and user experience of their software.
- Enhance the App’s performance. App uninstall data is particularly important for understanding whether there is a link between user abandonment and app performance. Perhaps the app is using too much memory & causing the user’s device to slow down. Alternatively, a recent app update may have caused the app to crash often.
- Examine the competition. Let’s say you see a large amount of people deleting your app. Is there a popular new app out there?
Tracking App Uninstalls to Reduce Churn
Tracking install and uninstall rates is essential if you want to fulfill your acquisition and retention targets. Understanding when and why people uninstall is critical to enhancing your engagement strategies as well as the overall user experience.
There is a lot of misunderstanding in the business about how to follow customers after they leave your app, and the technique of uninstall monitoring, has a considerably broader range of applications that can affect both your product and marketing efforts.
Here are a couple of ways to do that.
- Send a silent Push notification. Silent push notifications may be used to update the content of an app, start a server download, and track uninstalls. An app must have the proper background capability in order to receive a quiet push notification.
- On a regular basis, check if the app is still operating on the user’s device. App owners can set up a mechanism on the device to query the server at regular intervals to ensure that the app stays on the user’s device. For Android apps, this is also an option, although it can consume more memory & personal data on the user’s device.
In the end, once your consumers delete your software, the chances of them returning are considerably less. You want to make sure consumers continue to perceive value in your app after spending thousands of dollars on it. Uninstall analytics may help you improve your app’s retention strategy by letting you know what’s working and giving you a full view of the metrics that matter. With technology advances today, affordable solutions and actionable customer intelligence will ensure the growth of your business.
Dataroid’s uninstallation tracking gives you a better picture of your app’s retention rate. You can track churn rates, campaign performance, and app lifecycle with uninstallation tracking.
Sign up to drive your business with the power of data
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Drive your digital growth
Schedule a demo today to learn more on how we can help you unleash the potential of digital using Dataroid.