Last updated October 1, 2021
This Privacy Statement reflects the commitment of Dataroid Teknoloji Anonim Şirketi (“Company” or “We”) to privacy and data protection.
This Privacy Statement describes how we collect and process information about users of our mobile application and individuals who use Dataroid big data analytics platform’s mobile application (“Application Services”) This Privacy Statement does not apply to individuals whose information may be collected by Dataroid’s customers during their use of Dataroid web platform or mobile application service.
Summary of Key Points
We collect and use personal information and personal data from visitors to and users of our Application Services to provide Dataroid’s Application Service insights on understanding who our visitors are, how they use our services, and how we may improve their experience of our Services in the future
- This Statement only applies to our collection and use of personal information and personal data, not to our customers’ use of Dataroid’s software to collect information or data.
- We collect personal information when you sign up for our Application Services, use our software, or share information with us.
- We use the personal information and personal data you share or that we collect to provide our Application Services, to enhance our mobile application, to market Dataroid’s Application Services to you, for security purposes, and to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and other legal requirements.
- We do not sell the personal information or personal data we collect. We do share that information and data with select third parties, but only in connection with providing our Application Services to our customers or when we have a legal basis for such sharing.
- We transfer personal information and personal data to the Turkey and other countries. These may be outside of the country or region you live in.
- We respect privacy rights, and we built our privacy compliance program with the Kişisel Verilerin Korunması Kanunu (the “KVKK”) and European General Data Protection (the “GDPR”) and firmly in mind.
Application of our Privacy Statement
Our Privacy Statement applies to Dataroid’s collection of information or data, and it is not intended to discuss the collection or use of personal information or personal data by a Customer’s use of the Application Services.
Dataroid collects information under the direction of its Customers in connection with its provision of the Application Services. Because a Customer’s collection or use of personal information is specific to their use and implementation of the Application Services, please consult a Customer’s privacy statement, privacy notice, or the written contract between a Customer and Dataroid for the Application Services for more information. We do not have a direct relationship with our customers’ customers.
If you are a customer of one of our Customers and would like more information on their use of your information, please contact the Customer that you interact with directly. If you have further questions about the application of our Privacy Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect
We collect information, including personal information or personal data, when you use our mobile application. We collect this information when you fill out forms or engage with us directly.
Information you share with us
If you choose to share your information with us, we will collect the following information:
- If you decide to login Dataroid from mobile and to use our Application Services, you must enter your email address, and password.
When you are asked to provide personal information or personal data, you may decline. And you may use application or device controls to prevent certain types of automatic data collection. But if you choose not to provide or allow information that is necessary for specific products or features, those products or features may not be available or function correctly.
Information collected via technology
We automatically collect certain information via technology when you use our Application Services:
- When you use our Applications, some information is automatically collected. We collect information about your device details including the type and language of the operating system (“OS”) running on your device.
- We may also collect information from your mobile device including, but not limited to, the first time the Application is opened, the mobile carrier, the device identifier, the type of device that is being used, if you have downloaded our Applications, and your usage activity while using the Application. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you and improve our Application Services and analytics platform. Also, in the event our Application crash on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model and OS version, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Application. We send you a push notification from time-to-time to update or inform you. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about the device you are using, such as the OS and user identification information. We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the Application, the events that occur within the Application, aggregated usage, performance data.
Our Use of Collected Information
We use the personal information we collect for purposes described in this Privacy Statement or as otherwise disclosed to you. In general, we use the information we collect primarily to communicate with you, to market, provide, maintain, protect, and improve our current Application Services, and to develop new or enhanced versions of those Application Services.
Here is a list of how we use your information:
- Facilitate securing of your account on our network;
- Identify you as a user in our Application Services;
- Improve our Application Services, and how we operate our business;
- Understand and enhance your experience using Application Services;
- Provide and deliver products and services, including the Application Services, that you request, including securing, troubleshooting, and personalizing those products;
- Respond to your comments or questions and for our Support team to provide service;
- Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about upcoming events and news about products and services offered by Dataroid and our selected partners, and for other marketing purposes of Dataroid;
Personal Information Security
Dataroid maintains appropriate and reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to help protect your personal information to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no transmission over the internet is 100% secure. We encourage you to protect your usernames and passwords to help prevent anyone from accessing or abusing your Application Services account(s), including not using the same passwords for the Application Services that you use with other accounts. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com
Your information Choices and Changes
In addition to the choices outlined in other parts of this Statement, you also have control over the following:
- Access, Correction, and Deletion. If you wish to request access to or correction or deletion of personal information about you that we hold, you have some controls available to you from the “Account Settings” portion of the Application Services. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- However, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we reserve the right to charge a fee or decline requests that are unreasonable or excessive, where providing the information would be prohibited by law or could adversely affect the privacy or other rights of another person, or where we are unable to authenticate you as the person to whom the information relates.
- Application. You can stop all collection of information by our Application by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
Location of Personal Data
The personal information we collect may be stored and processed in your country or region, or in any other country where we or our affiliates, subsidiaries, or service providers maintain facilities. Currently, we primarily use data centers in the US and Turkey. The storage location is chosen to operate efficiently and improve performance. We take steps designed to ensure that the personal information we collect under this Statement is processed according to the provisions of this Statement and applicable law wherever the data is located.
Retention of Personal Data
We retain personal information or personal data for as long as necessary to provide the products and fulfill the transactions you have requested, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and other legitimate and lawful business purposes. These needs can vary for different information types in the context of different products. Accordingly, our actual retention periods can vary significantly based on criteria such as user expectations or consent, the sensitivity of the information, the availability of automated controls that enable users to delete data, and our legal or contractual obligations.
Changes to this statement
Dataroid may change this Statement from time to time to reflect changes in our offerings, how we collect, use, or disclose personal information, or applicable law. If we make any changes to this Statement, we will change the “Last Updated” date above. If we make any material changes, we will provide notice or obtain consent regarding such modifications as may be required by law.
How to contact us
If you have any concerns, complaints, or questions for Dataroid please contact us via email@example.com or our offices at İTU Teknokent ARI 2 B Blok, 34467 Sarıyer, Istanbul.